2 BIG reasons to Optimize your WordPress Page Speed
Pagespeed is an important SEO factor that typically goes ignored by most website owners. Optimizing your WordPress website can make an impact on how your site ranks in Google and the user experience on your website.
In 2016 Google has made it clear that that page speed is factored into their search algorithm that can affect how your website ranks.
It can also impact how visitors respond to your website. A slow loading website can potentially cause visitors to click away from your site, sending them to your competitors websites simply because they have no time or patience to wait.
Check your page speed!
There are plenty of tools available online that provide page speed tests. While some of these tools provide grades, it’s most important to pay attention to the overall loading time. See how your website loading time stacks up against your competitors.
Why is page speed important?
1) Users are willing to stay on a website longer.
2) If you sell a product or service on your website, loading time can impact on your bottom line. In fact a 1 second difference can result in an almost 10% reduction in sales.
3) In a study, most mobile users said they would wait 6-10 on average before they abandoned a page.
4) 47% of visitors/consumers expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less
5) In a monetary scenario, having a 1 second delay in page speed can cost a company $2.5 million/year if it earned $100K per day.