Having a slow loading website can have a drastic negative impact on your website and bottom line. Just think about what you would do when you get to a website that takes forever to load.
How page speed can impact a website:
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
Having a high performance website can not only affect usability & conversions on your website but it can also affect how your website ranks in Google. Google’s objective is to return the “best” results to the end user’s queries so you can safely assume that having a slow website can be detrimental to your websites ranking.
WordPress has several plugins that are available that can improve the speed and performance of your website. I’ve tested several to see which work well together and make the greatest impact to performance.
One WordPress plugin that you can be installed to make a small impact to your WordPress website is WP Performance Score Booster. Simply install it through your WordPress plugin dashboard and activate it and you’ll see similar improvements featured below. I have tested this plugin on a default installation that is running the Avada WordPress theme which is one of the most popular WordPress themes available however it’s unfortunately very slow according to gtmetrix.com.
The Benefits of installing WP Performance Score Booster include:
- Remove any query strings from static resources like CSS & JS files
- Add Vary: Accept-Encoding header, and
- Set expires caching (leverage browser caching).
Building quality WordPress websites is what we do. While most web developers & marketing agencies will typically give you a bare bones WordPress install, NexToronto provides the best WordPress plugins that will make your website perform better for your visitors & business.